Hyperpigmentation is a problem which is seen as a dark areas on your skin, which is triggered by the increased amount of melanin, the dark pigment of your skin.
The contact with sunlight, motherhood, certain diseases, maturing or trauma can result in disorders of the melanin and produce a non-aesthetic brown areas which are quality of this harmless disorder.
The sources of melanin disorder can be internal or external. Internal causes are inborn and they are especially common for folks with dark skin tone. External causes include contact with chemicals like progesterone, estrogen, minocycline, betaxolol, and sunlight. Ultraviolet rays cause strains, spots and freckles which can cause long lasting or non permanent discoloration. They are normal on skin areas that face sun (face and hands).
Natural remedy for hyperpigmentation
- 1 teaspoon of turmeric powder (turmeric)
- 1 teaspoon of lemon juice
- Mix these ingredients well and apply the mixture on the affected area of the skin.
- Leave it sit like that for about 15 minutes or until it gets dry. In the end rinse the area with cold water.
- Avoid exposing your skin to sunlight after this treatment, and the best timing for this procedure is before taking shower.
- Do this one or two times a day, and you will notice the improvement of your skin.
If your skin is too sensitive you can add some water to the lemon juice or substitute it with milk.
Lemon whitens and causes skin peeling, and turmeric, besides being a great for skin brightening , acts anti-inflammatory and makes the skin glow.